As I’ve mentioned before, I’ve been blogging on LiveJournal for awhile but only recently moved over to WordPress. This is the first trivia challenge I posted over there, quite awhile ago, and it covers the Pilot episode. I thought I’d re-post it here in hopes that you’ll find it entertaining. This was the only time I ever did 15 questions, because that’s takes a long time to write! Now they’re only 5 questions long. I’ve tweaked it a little and added more pics than I used the first time. Enjoy!
1. McGarrett was traveling as part of a military convoy at the beginning of the episode. What country were they in?
c. South Korea
2. McGarrett hitched a ride to Hawaii on a Navy plane. As they were descending into Honolulu, the pilot asked Steve long it had been since he’d been home. How did Steve answer?
a. “It’s been 5 years, 0 weeks, 5 days, and 0 seconds. Get it? That’s 5-0-5-0.”
b. “It’s been a while.”
c. “Not sure. I get so confused when I have to cross time zones.”
3. Steve meets the Governor at Pearl Harbor, and he’s wearing his dress blue uniform. What is Steve’s rank in the Navy?
a. Lieutenant Commander
b. The Red Baron
c. He looks so incredible in that uniform! What was the question again?
4. The first time we saw Danny, he was picking up Gracie to drive her to her first day of school. It was going to be Animal Show and Tell day. What did Danny bring for her?
a. A stuffed pink bunny
b. A real bunny
5. Steve and Danny met for the first time in the garage at Steve’s father’s house. What was the first thing Danny ever said to Steve?
a. “Do you know Peyton Manning?”
b. “Got any beer?”
c. “You! Hands up! Don’t move!”
6. Chin Ho recognizes Steve on the dock in front of the USS Missouri, where Chin is a security guard. Chin not only worked with McDad, he also went to the same high school as Steve. What’s the name of the high school?
a. Kukui High School
b. Kahlua High School
c. Pineapple Hell Hole Academy
7. What kind of car did Danny drive?
a. Ford Mustang
b. The Smart Car convertible
c. Danny can drive? Does Steve know that?
8. Steve was in uniform for the first part of the episode. When we finally see him in civilian clothes, what is he wearing?
a. A lovely Hawaiian print tie
b. A white t-shirt under a blue button-up shirt and–wait for it–Cargo Pants!
c. Who cares? I was too busy checking out his….shoes…yeah, shoes. I wasn’t checking out any of his body parts. I watch for the plot.
Body parts (Interesting)
9. Danny’s ex-wife calls his cell phone. What ringtone does he have assigned to her?
a. “Theme from Psycho”
b. The music from Ms. PacMan
c. “Sexy Eyes” by Dr. Hook, because he thinks “it’s catchy”
10. Danny rants at Steve a few times (honest–I am not making this up). In the rant that takes places after Danny gets shot, he says that Steve has a G.I. Joe, thousand-yard stare from chasing someone all over the world. Who did Danny say Steve was chasing?
a. Gracie’s bunny, Mr. Hoppy
b. Shoe bombers
c. Carmen San Diego
11. Chin, Danny, and Steve went to Kamekona’s shave ice stand to get some information. Kamekona insisted that they had to make a purchase first. What flavor shave ice did Steve get? (Hint: He offers the shave ice to the little girl who thinks he and Danny look like cops, but she doesn’t like the flavor.)
a. Cotton candy
b. Brussels sprouts
c. Steve is a SEAL, so that’s classified
12. Chin introduces his cousin Kono, who was a surfer for 3 years on the pro circuit until she hurt her knee. What are her career plans now?
a. She’s going to graduate from the police academy soon.
b. She’s going to audition for Dancing with the Stars.
c. She’s going to audition for Iron Chef America.
13. At the end of the episode, Kono wants to come up with a name for the task force. What’s her suggestion?
a. “Sexy Eyes” by Dr. Hook, because Steve thinks “it’s catchy”
b. Strike Force
c. The Fantastic Four
14. Chin had a suggestion for a name, too. What is his idea?
a. “No task is too big when done together.”
b. Jackals and Hyenas, because he agreed with Danny’s statement, “In civilized society, we have rules. It’s the unspoken glue that separates us from jackals and hyenas.”
c. Denver Broncos
15. What line goes with this picture?
a. “Did you pick up my dry cleaning?”
b. “Do you think it will rain? I didn’t bring an umbrella.”
c. “Book ‘em, Danno!”
Fun fact: There are only 12 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet: A, E, H, I, K, L, M, N, O, P, U, and W.
1. c. South Korea
2. b. “It’s been a while.”
3. a. Lieutenant Commander
4. a. A stuffed pink bunny
5. c. “You! Hands up! Don’t move!”
6. a. Kukui High School
7. a. Ford Mustang
8. b. A white t-shirt under a blue button-up shirt
9. a. “Theme from Psycho”
10. b. Shoe bombers
11. a. Cotton candy
12. a. She’s going to graduate from the police academy soon.
13. b. Strike Force
14. a. “No task is too big when done together.”
15. c. “Book ‘em, Danno!”