It’s August! And do you know what that means? Yes, next month The Show returns!!!!
On a sort-of personal note, I am now halfway to my MBA. I just finished my 6th class and have 6 more to go. I would like to finish next spring. I wish I could do it faster, but I also have to earn a living, and those silly people who pay me actually want me to do stuff! Why is it only sort-of personal? Because all of that studying really cuts into my fangirling time! 😦
Are you interested in some trivia? Let’s take a closer look at 4×01 Aloha ke kahi i ke kahi (We Need Each Other).
1. If you remember, S4 opened with someone breaking into the super secure Prison and Hot Dog Stand where Wo Fat was being held. Steve successfully fought off the bad guys, but one survived. Steve promptly dragged him back to HQ for questioning. After a brief pause so Steve could change into a clean shirt, he and Danny entered the blue room to question the bad guy. BUT THEN someone broke into HQ and took over the whole building! Someone called Steve to warn him, but then the cell service was cut off. What shows up on Steve’s cell phone when it rings?
A. A picture of Ichabod Crane, because Steve is a big Sleepy Hollow fan. He never misses an episode! I’ve heard he even has a blog devoted to the show!
B. “Lt Kelly”
C. “Richie the Shrimp Guy”
2. Steve and Danny remain in the basement for awhile after the bad guys take over the building. I think they were looking for back-to-school supplies for Grace. While Steve is trying to keep their captive bad guy alive, Danny decides to talk about his feelings. The other night, he was thinking about telling Gabby “I love you,” but instead he said what?
A. “Don’t move. I’ll be right back.”
B. “Do you want fries with that?”
C. “The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful.”
3. Steve tells Danny to be careful, because once you use the L word, you can’t unsay it. What is Danny’s reply?
A. “Did you learn that in SEAL school?”
B. “Personally, I don’t think it counts when you say it to a pistol.”
C. “When are we going to start looking for Jimmy Buffett’s lost shaker of salt?”
4. We lost two dear friends in this episode. I still haven’t recovered from one of the losses. 😦 Who never sees the final scene?
A. Cammy the Camaro and The Magic Table Computer
B. Richie the Shrimp Guy and The Claw
C. The guys wearing the red shirts, of course
5. Grover doesn’t like Steve very much in this episode. In fact, when he finally catches up to the Five-0 team after they steal a SWAT truck, what does he call them?
B. Pacman in Cargo Pants and His Group of Misfits
C. McGarrett and His Merry Band of Do-Whatever-the-Hell-You-Want
How did you do?
1. B. “Lt Kelly” And it has always bothered me why it doesn’t just say “Chin”
2. A. “Don’t move. I’ll be right back.”
3. B. “Personally, I don’t think it counts when you say it to a pistol.”
4. A. Cammy the Camaro and The Magic Table Computer
5. C. McGarrett and His Merry Band of Do-Whatever-the-Hell-You-Want
On a side note, literally, I have “chocolate ice-cream cone” written in French and Spanish in the margins of my notes for this episode. I have no idea why.